Tuesday, December 8, 2009

An Advent-ful month

I love advent calendars. I love the audacity of them. They sit there on your kitchen table, staring at you and saying 'Yes, you may have run 10k every day and pumped iron for the last year, but let's face it, you're not getting through this month without stuffing your face full of my lovely chocolate.'
Yes, most of us buy them because of the pretty pictures on the front instead of the quality of the chocolate. I've got some Kinnerton branded rubbish simply because I get a 'Stig' keyring on Christmas morning. If Cadbury could be bothered to give us a chocolate on Christmas morning they would corner the entire advent calendar market. But no, Cadbury customers (despite enjoying a month of superior chocolate to every other advent calendar) wake up on Christmas morning very disappointed. And the people who's advent calendar is so basic it doesn't even have foil in it, well, the only thing I can suggest is a noose and a letter to your family.I suppose in a way they're some sort of preparation for the slog ahead. I mean, lets face it, apart from Christmas when else do you buy industrial amounts of Celebrations and Miniature Heroes?
Yes Christmas is a time to get the hole punch to put a new hole in your belt, the time where Nan and Grandad slave over a Christmas Dinner on Boxing Day only to have half a carrot and a bit of stuffing between them, and all the other wonderful cliches that go with this most festive season. I, personally can't wait, and expect many other Christmas-themed blogs in the coming weeks.
I just wish the Coca-Cola trucks looked like the advert in real life...

No comments:

Post a Comment