Monday, January 4, 2010

Heartshaped Blog

Last few weeks I've been pretty shit. I never realised how therapeutic music could be, and as well as listening to Radiohead to make myself feel even worse (bad choice), I was listening out for any lyrics that related to moi and my shituation (an epic combination of shit and situation, I'll think I'll trademark that thank you very much).

I found this awesome little song by a band called Eagles of Death Metal. No they have absolutely nothing to do with the genre of death metal, in fact the song in question, Wannabe in LA, is a very melodic rock song. The chorus however struck a chord.

I came to LA to be rock and roll
Along the way I had to sell my soul
I made some good friends that made me say
I really wannabe in LA

Now I imagine you're reading that wondering what the HELL is the point of reading on. To me, this is personal, and I don't normally do sentimental and personal posts, but you know, New Year, new ideas.
To me, the lyrics of the chorus represent what has happened to me over the last few weeks. Wanting something so badly ('wannabe in LA') that it changed completely who and what I was ('had to sell my soul'). I did indeed make 'some really good friends', well not really 'make', more like enhance already good friendships. And yet despite everything, I still really 'wannabe in LA'.

There we go, a musically themed blog about nothing really. Just a rambling insight into the mind of Daniel.
Oh and if you're a Nirvana fan, I would at least expect a chuckle from the title of this blog post. It works on so many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment