Friday, November 27, 2009

A Man and His Mop


No I have not suddenly become emotionally attached to any cleaning equipment or anything else with handles (i.e. THAT broom I once danced with at a party whilst under the influence).

It's been about 3 months since I last had my haircut. I can see most of you going 'big deal, I haven't had mine cut in years'. I'm really happy for you, but I've never had my hair long. Ever. It's always been rather short. Not bald short, but kind of like a garden lawn thats cut every week by someone who probably cares more about their lawn than they do their own appearance. And now the person who cuts his lawn has died. The garden is out of control. There are weeds everywhere and even the odd mole burrowing all over the lawn.

If that natural analogy hasn't worked, then basically, my hair's got long. The sides are all fuzzy, the back is about as organised as Wigan's defence and it's becoming annoying all round. I look at it in the morning with some 'VO5 Texturising Gum' and look stumped. 'How the hell am I meant to make this look presentable?'

Nevertheless, I am going to soldier on. The likelihood is it's not going to get cut for another month (unless it turns into Devil's Snare and starts attacking me) so I have no option but to keep it. It's kind of like a puppy in some ways. It shits on everything and makes things look a mess, but at the end of the day, it's yours, and for that, you can't help but love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment