Friday, November 27, 2009

Tactical Nuclear Blog

With Christmas and New Year coming up, I'm always left wondering a) what do I want for Christmas? and b) how do I get unbelievably drunk on New Year? Well, some Scottish folks may have just answered both of my conundrums.

You see, a brewery in Fraserburgh in Scotland named BrewDog have come up with a beer that has an alcohol content of 32%. The beer is stored for a year and a half and then chilled at -4 degrees celsius for about 48 hours and voila, a world-record breaking beer. So, what did these Scot's decide to name their sophisticated concoction?

Tactical Nuclear Penguin.

That's more like it. In a world of red tape and health and safety officers who've got a phD in 'being a dick', it's nice to know there's a company out there with a sense of humour. Hell, even the label is brilliant: 'This is an extremely strong beer; it should be enjoyed in small servings and with an air of aristocratic nonchalance'. And to top it off, BrewDog revealed their 'Nuclear' beverage to the world on the same day the Scottish parliament were discussing minimum prices on alcohol. Perfect time.

In other news, I now have Xbox Live set up in my room at Uni. I'm now currently waving my degree goodbye like passengers on the Titanic waving at the people left in Southampton's docks. Ah bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment