Thursday, October 8, 2009

My 10 Favourite Movie Quotes


As an absolute movie junkie, I always have random quotes from films wondering around my head. Some I use in everyday life (using 'yippee ki-yay motherf*cker' as a substitute for 'yes' gets you so much street cred :-P ) and so I thought seeing as not TOO much is going down in the world of news, I'd celebrate the quotes that make

me laugh, fill me with emotion, and others that are just downright awesome. No order, just a list.

'Madness? THIS, IS, SPARTAAAAAAA!!!' (from '300') The epitome of the word 'epic'.

'Chickens go in, pies come out' 'What kind of pies?' 'Apple' 'Ooooh ma favourite' CHICKEN, you great lummox' (from 'Chicken Run') A British film done properly, the quote is definitely one of the comedy highlights of the film.

'No Luke, I AM YOUR FATHER.' (from 'The Empire Strikes Back') The line that gave a sh*t load of nerds a hard-on =)

'My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.' (from 'Gladiator') Combined with the epic soundtrack, this line hits home like a gladiator's mace to the crown jewels...

‘I feel the need, THE NEED FOR SPEED!’ (Top Gun) Ultimate man film, ultimate kick-ass music

(Highwayyyy tooooo the Danger Zone) and a pretty awesome quote to go with it.

'Brad, I'm his father. You're the guy f*cking his mom' (from 'Thank You For Smoking') A film that I bet hardly anyone's seen, but this remains Aaron Eckhart's finest performance and this line is just one of many superb quotes.

'He insist we not fly in case the Jews repeated their attack of 9/11.' (from 'Borat') The one bit in Borat that made me literally cry with laughter, the audaciousness and brilliance of the quote, combined with Cohen's hilarious accent make this the funniest quote on my list.

'I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most

powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?’ (Dirty Harry) Along with the quote from Gladiator, this little monologue makes Russian Roulette sound fun…

‘You just killed a helicopter with a car!’ ‘I was out of bullets’ (Die Hard 4.0) The second coolest quote form the Die Hard series. And John McClane with no hair is after AIDS, the scariest thing on Earth.

‘Surely you can’t be serious?’ ‘I am serious…and don’t call me Shirley.’ (Airplane) In a film where wordplay is exhibited at its finest, this quote is the jewel in a very funny crown.

So there we are. Agree? Disagree? Whatever. These are awesome quotes regardless and nobody can deny that. Over and out xD

No comments:

Post a Comment