Sunday, October 25, 2009

MacLovin'

With the release of Windows 7 this week, Microsoft finally admitted that Vista was a complete disaster. Bill Gates and co. seemed to think the idea of 'bigger is better' was never going to end. What they ended up with was a bloated operating system that severely handicapped any computer without tip-top specs. I remember reading some of the horror stories of people upgrading their 3-year old XP computer to Vista. It sounded as though changing sex would be less painful.
Where am I going with this? Well, I can't believe it's taken me 18 years to turn the Mac side. Even when using my KidTech laptop which had 'Snake' on it when I was about 2, I always had a funny feeling that grass was greener with Apple. So I've been using my Mac for nearly 2 months, and where I expected to be bogged down in an alien operating system for a few months, I'm now flying round Snow Leopard with consummate ease.

My MacBook Pro wasn't preloaded with Snow Leopard, but it might as well have been considering the ease of upgrade. Whack the disc in, an hour and a computer restart later, and I was away. None of this horrendous Windows nonsense that 7 has provided to some poor customers.

So how is my MacBook Pro and Snow Leopard? Brilliant. Honestly, it may only be the base model, but it's lightning quick. 0-Facebook takes quite literally 30 seconds, and it's not crashed once in 2 months (A PC user would give his right testicle for stats like that). The iLife software that everyone raves about is as good as it sounds. I was banned from using GarageBand in an audio project because apparently, 'it gave me an advantage over everyone using [Adobe] Audition'. My point exactly. I'm looking forward to giving everyone a royal pasting with iMovie for video.

And the laptop itself? Beautiful. From the jizz-enducing LED screen to the orgasm-initiating backlit keyboard, it looks the absolute sh*t. Plus it's built like a Polish man's chin (it's strong if you didn't get the comparison).

There's very little I can fault about my Mac. Perhaps the only thing is the lack of compatibility for some of my favourite programs (Windows Messenger for Mac is pretty shocking). But that's not Apple's fault. Microsoft is jealous, so it deliberately makes it's programs for Mac as crap as possible in order to somehow taint the amazingness of Mac's. Well thats my theory anyway. PC bummers, try a Mac. I once thought Mac's were all flash and no substance, but sir, they ain't no more. Over and out xD

3 comments:

  1. To be honest, I was expecting some jumped-up Microsoft fanboy to comment on this. I'm not even going to argue with you. If you look around the internet, there are plenty of arguments like the one you've expressed. I'm glad you wasted however much time you took to type this, because at the end of the day, I'm still much happier with my Mac than I was with my PC.
    Oh and by the way, when I said '0-Facebook' in 30 seconds, I meant 'computer off-facebook' in 30 seconds. Maybe I should make myself clear next time for simpletons ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own both a Mac and a PC. I'll take my PC over my mac any time, there is nothing I can't accomplish on my PC that I can't on my Mac outside of the design field, and I've not had any problems with Windows for the 9 or so years I've been using it.

    Outside of the design field, I honestly think Mac's are either or people who are stupid enough to click spyware infested spam mail, and other stupid junk and than wonder why their computers are getting fucked up, or for people who buy them just to be all like "Yea.. I own a Mac, goddamn I'm so tech savvy. I'm hip brah."

    Either way, enjoy your 3000$ Facebook browsing computer, I can tell that it was a worth while investment.

    ReplyDelete